Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Next Attempt

We decided to go ahead and try swimming again ASAP. We went to Rebecca Lee's neighborhood pool with her and Alex on Thursday. It started as a similar scene to Monday's drama, but calmed much faster. She got upset as soon as she saw the water. She was crying and did not want me to put her down. As I was taking her shoes off, she kept saying, "Back on, back on." But, I just picked her up and went and sat in the water with her (it was a little Kiddie Pool). She only cried or wimpered for about 15 minutes this time. Then she started throwing a ball with Alex. She sat up, then a few minutes later I moved her out to my knee. A few minutes after that, I stood her up with my knee touching her back. Then I pulled away completely. She wasn't too crazy about that part. But, by the end she was walking across the pool and interacting with all of the other kids too. I was very proud of her. We are not giving up on the water!!


3 comments:

Holly Heston said...

YEA REAGAN!!! Good job, sweet girl! I'm glad she liked it better. I'm sure after a few more attempts she will love swimming. Way to try again so soon, Layla.

Love you guys

Chris and Rebecca Lee said...

So glad this experience was better. We'll keep working on it. Come back anytime! :)

Clay and J said...

Bless her heart! I read the part about her throwing up at the thought of swimming! I can't believe it! I'm so glad she is getting used to it. Pretty soon you probably won't be able to keep her out of the pool.