Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Potty Training, painting, & dishes

Well, it looks like we have entered the joys of potty training. Reagan has been doing really well. She has been "tee-teeing" in the potty about 3-5 times a day for the past 2-3 weeks. "Poo-pooing" is another story. She is terrified to poo-poo in the potty. When I mention it or ask when I know she's about to go, she goes crazy! "No, I don't wanna poo-poo in the potty!! No!!" Screamed as she throws herself down on the ground crying. I have no idea what to do or say to convince her that it's not scary. Anyone got any ideas? I'm all ears to any suggestions or tips for potty training in general. It's a whole new world.


My lil' drama queen in her new Dora panties
She's only worn the panties once. She tee-teed in them about 20 minutes after she put them on and it totally freaked her out to be wet everywhere. Now, she doesn't want to wear them at all.

Painting with water colors
She loved it! We've done it everyday since I got them.

Washing the dishes
Another of her new favorite activities!
Becky, she's still talking about coming to your house to wash your dishes soon!

6 comments:

Iris said...

my friend at MDO is potty training her boy (reagan's age) and she won't let him wear his bob the builder underwear unless he consistently goes in the potty. she tells him if he gets bob wet, bob will get sick. LOL

Townsend said...

reagan...please hurry...i've been letting my dishes pile up since you told me you were coming over to wash them! mr. joshua and i have been eating off paper plates for weeks now :(

Holly Heston said...

Reagan is so funny!! I miss that girl. She is growing up so fast. She shouldn't be big enough for all that. Miss you guys!

Unknown said...

Well, no tips on the potty training---but, if it makes you feel any better, Mason is doing the exact same thing!!! Hmmmmm...they ARE third cousins or something like that---maybe it's a family thing!! At least you and Bonnie can commiserate with each other....

Jennifer said...

Blog stalker here (I went to college with Holly and my little sister Kristen was roommates with Danielle), but anyways, my little one does the same thing. I was told my someone that going poo-poo in the potty is like loosing a body part to a child. They don't understand that it is not going to hurt them in some way. We have been tee-tee potty trained since November and am just now getting the poo-poo part down. Don't give up hope!

Anonymous said...

Take a picture of her butthole