Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, January 15, 2010

Stranded: A Blessing?

Jason's pick-up has been in the body shop since December 21st. Yes, we have been a one vehicle family for almost a month. But, friends have really helped us out tremendously! A few of Jason's co-workers have picked him up or dropped him off on days that I've needed the car. Our sweet next door neighbor, Poppy, even dropped him off at 5:45am one morning. And, wonderful Wendy has been such a blessing too. She watched the girls one afternoon while I used her car to take the puppies to the vet, then she let me use her car again the next day to make it to my Bible Study. Thank you, friends!

On most days, Jason has taken the car to work and the girls and I have hung out at home. But, it has really been nice. After the craziness of November and December, I've enjoyed the slower pace of January. We've played lots of Candyland, Chutes & Ladders, Memory, Hide-n-Seek, Tag, etc. We've done lots of drawing, coloring, singing and dancing too. I've been able to relax and simply enjoy the girls. They are so much fun!

Without a car during the day, I've had to wait till Jason gets home to go to the grocery store or run other little errands. I've been leaving one girl with him while I take the other with me. It has given me some great one-on-one time with Reagan and Reese. I realized that I hardly ever get that. I think they have both enjoyed having Mommy or Daddy all to themselves too.

All in all, when we had lemons, we made lemonade. Although we are ready to get the pick-up back, God used this time to remind us of the many blessings he has already given us - great friends, precious daughters, and time to rest. Thank you, Lord.

2 comments:

jrh1953 said...

What a wonderful observation of this time. You could have chosen to be mad about this time, but you chose to see it as the gift it is. Reagan and Reese are true gifts and will only be there a short while. The best thing you can give them is you. I love you all very much.

Iris said...

cute story! very encouraging. (check out my shang doll comment and email me sometime!)