Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 19, 2008

Recent Reagan Anecdotes

A few weeks ago, Reagan pointed to my boob and said, "Baby." So, of course, I corrected her and said, "No, honey, that's a boob." Now, she likes to point at them or poke them all the time and say "Boob!" repeatedly . . . regardless of the company. Our handymen working on the bathroom have gotten the anatomy lesson, and friends from church, strangers in the grocery store, you name it. Fun times!

When Reagan sees anyone eating, she has to ask them if it's yummy. "Yummy? Yummy?" We hear this over and over again during mealtime. I guess she wants to make sure everyone is enjoying their food. Along the same lines, she likes to tell you she's enjoying her food. "Yummy! Like it!"

She has also become very aware of others' emotions. In her book, when Cinderella cries, Reagan says, "Crying! Oh, Lella," and hugs the book. She does this in other books when characters are crying too. "Crying! Oh, Lion, " and she hugs it. What a sweetie!?!

In one of her alphabet books it has two yaks yawning. The other day, she came across that page and said, "Sleepy . . . nap . . . bed." And pointed to her bed. I asked her if she thought the yaks should take a nap in her bed, and she said, "Yes, nap, bed Reagan's." Not quite a complete sentence, but she's getting there.

In another of her favorite books right now, it states "A my name is Alice and my husband's name is Alex. We come from Alaska and we sell ants. Alice is an ape. Alex is an anteater." So, we were at the zoo the other day, and they had some anteaters. Jason was pointing at them and asking Reagan if she saw the anteaters. She said "Alex! Alex!" Jason was looking all over for her friend Alex and couldn't figure out why she kept saying that. I started laughing and told him that was the anteater's name in her book. I couldn't believe that she could remember that and associate it with a real anteater. She's so smart! It makes me a little nervous.

Just a few fun stories I thought I'd share. She definitely keeps us entertained.

4 comments:

jrh1953 said...

You are going to have to watch what you say in front of her. Nothing is safe or sacred. I cannot wait to see her and you

Holly Heston said...

I love the boob thing....that is funny! I'm so proud of Reagan....she really is the smartest little girl I know.....in a year, I might feel differently, but right now, Payton only says, "aaaarrrrghhhh". That's her best accomplishment.

The Fintons said...

She is so funny! Tess likes to say "boob" too! Thanks for coming over the other day. Tess fell asleep right after yall left...I couldn't believe it. She was exausted.

Tenille Rauls said...

I can sympathize with the booby thing....just wait Lexi told EVERYONE I was giving Lauren booby juice! Hope to see you guys soon...the retreat is coming up fast!