Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, February 13, 2009

Poor lil' Reesie

Sorry for my absence in the blogging world for the last few weeks. Both of the little ones have been sick. Within days of my last post about Reese's checkup and Reagan's pneumonia, Reese got sick. We took her to the doc last Monday and she was diagnosed with brochiolitis. They were convinced it was RSV, but the test was negative. She was wheezing and her whole chest was working so hard to get a breath. It was hard to see. She got 2 breathing treatments, some x-rays, and we were prescribed an inhaler. That night was pretty rough. We were using the inhaler, but it really wasn't helping. By Tuesday morning, I'd had enough. She was wheezing and coughing. She had such a coughing fit that she threw up, and she still couldn't get a good breath. I took her to the ER about 7am that morning. They had this suction machine that worked wonders on her. Of course it was horrible to watch. They were holding her down as they flushed saline up one nostril while they had a suction tube up the other. But, it worked. The respiratory therapist used the comparison of a dust buster (our measly bulb syringe) to a shop vac (his monster suction). So, we decided we needed a shop vac. I went by medical supply store and rented one that afternoon. We've been suctioning her multiple times a day since. And, she's doing much better now. So, needless to say, the sick girls have been keeping me pretty busy.

Here's little Reese in the contraption they used to get her x-rays. Isn't that crazy?

And here she is this morning - feeling muuuuuuuuuuuuch better

5 comments:

Townsend said...

LAYLA!...i seriously wanted to cry at that picture of poor reese in that contraption!!! poor baby!! so glad she is feeling better :)

Chris and Rebecca Lee said...

that contraption looks ancient or something, not humane! :( again, so sorry you had to go through all that! glad the girls are doing better.

taiwandanielle said...

LAYLA! I cannot believe that thing that Reese was in. I have to admit it was so shocking, I laughed. I am a horrible aunt! I am so glad that she is feeling better though! I miss her. And Reagan. And of course, you and Jason!

Iris said...

i saw the picture and AOL "awwwwed out loud!" so sad! i'm sooooo glad she's doing better and will keep her in our prayers. no little one should have to go through any of that.

Tenille Rauls said...

Oh my goodness! Hope you guys are all better now! Can't believe Reese is already in a bumbo :) Time flies!!