Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 2, 2008

No Power . . . No Problem

We had some crazy wind on Tuesday. Well, "crazy" by Little Rock standards. To the West Texans, it was just "a little windy." And, it blew a large tree limb through some wires . . . important ones apparently, since it knocked out our power for 2 whole days! And they were chilly days at that. The temperature in our powerless house got down to the 40s. So, needless to say, we didn't stay here. Our sweet friends, Chris & Rebecca Lee, were so generous to open up their home. It was a bit of a slumber party. We watched a movie and drank hot cocoa. Reagan had a ball "helping take care of Alex." It was lots of fun! The puppies even joined the party the second night.
Once we got home Thursday and got the house warmed up and the clocks all reset, I realized that the internet wasn't working. It was actually the phone line, but who uses that anyway? That problem was finally remedied this morning (Saturday) about 11am. So, I finally feel like I'm home and things are back in order.

To be honest, all of this really just showed me how selfish I can be. I was letting a little inconvenience frustrate me when I know so many people going through so much more right now. Please pray for the following:

  • Allison Dagg: a young mother (who used to attend our church here in LR, but now lives in Lubbock) is in a coma and the doctor's don't know what has caused it or if she will recover. A friend has been passing on the emails from her husband to keep all the prayer warriors updated. And, although I've never even met the woman, I cry when I read every one of her loving husband's accounts.
  • John Glasgow: A friend's uncle is missing. The police, family, and community have been searching for him all week.
  • Kelly Chronister: My next door neighbor growing up has thyroid cancer. She just had surgery to have it removed. She is 26 and has a little boy who is about 2 and a 2 month old little girl.

A few days without power or internet certainly never hurt anyone. We lost a few groceries, but other than that . . . our house is fine, our puppies are fine, Reagan is great, Jason and I are healthy. What more could we ask for?

4 comments:

Tenille Rauls said...

Hate you have had all the troubles!~ It does put things in perspective when we look around us and see how blessed we are! Hope to see you guys soon.

Chrissa said...

Sorry ya'll had to go through that! But glad to know God used it as a life teaching moment. Cute picture - looks like ya'll had a little fun in spite of the drama! :)

Chris and Rebecca Lee said...

so glad y'all came to stay with us. we enjoyed it! you are welcome anytime. love ya, r

Angela said...

Hi, I just heard about Allison Dagg. I went to high school with her. When I put her name in Google your blog came up. Do you have any information on what happened?

Thanks, Angela
abpmills@hotmail.com