Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Kidneys & Noses

Jason gave us all a bit of a scare Monday night. After throwing up and several scalding baths and showers to alleviate the pain, Jason went to the ER where he learned he had a large kidney stone. Some good painkillers made life better for a bit, but yesterday morning they had to surgically remove it. Must be a magic surgery, because he was back to his normal self last night. He was starving and ate a bunch, then wanted a milkshake, so we headed to Sonic. Then he played Memory with Reagan and read bedtime stories to the girls. He even headed to work today!! So grateful he is better.

For the past 2 1/2 - 3 months I've been suffering from rhinitis of pregnancy. I'd never even heard of it before. Yeah, I've got allergies and I'm used to being a bit congested or having a runny nose for a day or 2. But, this is really getting ridiculous. I haven't really been able to breathe out of my nose in months. But, even with it closed off to air it still manages to drip a steady stream of snot. I've gone through more tissue boxes than I can count. My poor nose it constantly red, raw, and peeling from all the tissues. My ears hurt all the time from the pressure and I can't hear well. Don't even get me started on sleeping - it's not easy when you can't breathe. I've tried nasal spray, benadryl, sudafed, nasal rinses, saline spray, zyrtec, etc. If anyone has any magic remedy to recommend, I'm all ears.

So, other than kidneys and noses, the Ramseys are fine. The girls are wonderful and are always such fun! And, we're all getting excited about the new baby joining us at Christmas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad Jason recovered so quickly! As for the rhinitis, I had a bad stuffy nose with Evan. Nothing with Bryson. It got better after he was born! Must be all those boy things going on!