Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Cute Reagan stories

Reagan is very polite (most of the time). She'll say, " Thank you," unprompted when someone gives her a compliment or hands her something. "I'm sorry," when she bumps people rushing by or she accidentally scratches you (or something along those lines). She even sneezed on her Elmo & Zoe cup, and said, "I sorry, Zoe! I sneeze on you!" The other night at dinner, Jason burped, and didn't say anything. Reagan looked at him and said, "Excuse you, Daddy."

A few days ago, Reagan & I were getting ready in the bathroom. As she left, she closed the door (which she can't open), then said, "I need a kiss!! Open it! I need a kiss!" I opened it and gave her a kiss. Then she said, "Bye-bye! I leavin'. I goin' to work." I think she was pretending to be Daddy. It was very sweet.

One of my personal favorites: As I was changing Reagan's diaper the other day, she accidentally kicked me in the belly (it does protrude a bit more than it used to). I told her to be careful because she didn't want to hurt Reese. She sat up quickly, and gave my belly a huge hug. "I sorry, Reese Abigail. I sorry. I love you!" And, she kissed her. My sweet, sweet girl! I love her so!

Reagan also carries on imaginary conversations with people and characters. She has a Sesame Street placemat that she talks to at meals. She says, "No, no, Elmo. Don't take Dorothy out! She needs water!" FYI- Dorothy is Elmo's goldfish. "Ernie sad. Wanna see Reagan's big girl bed, Ernie?" "No, no, Count, that's my milk!"

I asked Reagan to sing her ABC's (she only knows about the first 7 letters so far) while she was coloring, and she said, "A,B,C . . . later, Mommy. I busy right now."

Reagan was intently working on something (I have no idea what), when I asked her a question. She told me, "Just a minute, Mommy. Just a minute. . . Be right back. . . Be patient!" Think she hears that often?

Reagan loves Dum-Dums suckers, which she calls "pee-pops". She can never actually finish one, but she is constantly asking for them. We limit her to just one a day. And, most mornings, it is one of the first things she asks for as she's getting out of bed. "No pee-pops for breakfast." She likes to pick the color or flavor. The other day, she wanted a blue one, and she loved that it turned her whole mouth (tongue, teeth, lips, etc.) blue. She kept looking in the mirror and just laughing.


Blue pee-pop

2 comments:

Chrissa said...

Soooo Sooo cute!!!!! If my child keeps me half as entertained as Reagan keeps ya'll, I will be thrilled!!!

Clay and J said...

love the stories, i was laughing otu loud! especially the "excuse you daddy" part!