Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Reagan's Big Girl Bed

I finally finished painting Reagan's new bed. (Just in time to get it inside and miss all this rain that Gustav has brought us.) On Labor Day, Jason and I got her crib dismantled and moved into the nursery and moved in "Reagan's big girl bed" (as she calls it). She wanted to help us put it together. "I do it! I help!" We gave her her own tools and let her work. It made the process quite a bit longer on our part, but she enjoyed herself. She has little steps to get onto the bed that she loves, but she hasn't quite figured out how to get down them yet. But, I'm not complaining. That means that she can't climb out once we put her down to sleep. She's slept in her new bed the last few nights. The first night, it took her about 20 minutes to get to sleep. She kept calling out to us and saying, "I scared. I scared." But, she was a trooper. She did great! Then, when she woke up, she said, "I awake in Reagan's big girl bed!" She was so proud of herself.

Her last pic in her baby crib - Love the morning hair!

"Helping" us assemble the new bed

The finished product (with a strange reflection on the wall?)

Reading in her new bed

Playing in her new bed

Such a big girl now! I can hardly believe it!

5 comments:

jrh1953 said...

Reagan is such a big girl. I loved talking to both of you today. I love her new room.

Chris and Rebecca Lee said...

you did a great job painting the bed! looks great in her room.

Iris said...

the bed looks so good! awesome job! such a big girl!

Jennifer said...

Where did you find those letters and little flowers to hold up her name?

Holly Heston said...

That room is precious....and she is so proud of her big girl bed....I can't believe she has gotten so big