Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Texas Trip

Hi, all! Sorry to go so long without blogging. That's not like me. But, we've been out of town for the past week. We just got home today from a whirlwind trip. In fact, Jason was changing into scrubs and running out the door to the hospital within minutes of our arrival this afternoon.

Reagan and I went to Dallas this weekend to see my family. My parents, my sister Danielle (AKA Aunt DeeDee), my sister Holly and her daughter Payton, and Reagan and I all drove in from different directions to spend a few days catching up. We did some shopping and some swimming, but mainly just hung out at the hotel and visited. Reagan had a ball with Payton. She loved entertaining her and taking care of her.

Payton, Aunt Holly, & Reagan (w/ Baby)
Reagan stealing sugar from Payton (w/ assistance from Aunt DeeDee)
"We're ready to hit the water!"
Nana got the girls matching pjs, but we couldn't get Reagan still enough for a picture. As Reagan tried to dart away, this was the best we could do. At the end of the weekend, I learned that Jason's dad wasn't doing very well. So, we decided for Reagan and I to drive on into Lubbock (we were halfway there), and then Jason flew in a day later. We were able to see his father, and Jason was able to really talk with his family so they could make decisions about his care. Reagan got to see her Gammy & Gampy, which she was really excited about. She kept asking about Gampy - where he was, if he was coming, etc. When she did get to see him at the hospital, he was really alert. Reagan was a little nervous with all the machines and tubes. She kept saying, "I scared." Gammy said, "Reagan came to see you, wanna wave at her?" and he did. Reagan waved back and blew him kisses. It was priceless.
It was great to see everyone - we all hated that it was under such circumstances, but enjoyed catching up. Reagan and her cousin Evan had a great time playing together too. They are only 7wks apart in age. With their blonde hair and blue eyes, they really do look alike. When we go out together, we often get asked if they're twins.
Reagan enjoying her "Meh-wee" (her great grandmother Mary)

With her Aunt Val (Jason's sister). She kept putting on Val's sunglasses and saying, "Movie Star!"

Reagan & Evan (the twins)

Tummies! They love to show off their bellies to one another.

There was a lot of time in the car, so Reagan got pretty tired of her car seat. But, overall, she was great. We did have to watch "Hairspray!" on the portable dvd player about 300 times, but it kept her happy. We drove from Little Rock to Dallas (5hrs) on Friday, then Dallas to Brownwood (3.5hrs) on Sunday, then Brownwood to Lubbock (3.5hrs) on Monday, then Lubbock to Dallas (5.5hrs) on Wednesday, and Dallas to Little Rock (5hrs) this morning. That's a whole lot of "Hairspray!" So, needless to say, we are all really glad to be out of the car and home.

To all the family and friends we were able to see - We love you guys! It was wonderful to see you and hug all of your necks!

4 comments:

taiwandanielle said...

Those pictures are soo sweet! I am so glad that you were all able to see Wayne and Marty and the family. It looks like Evan and Reagan had so much fun! I can't wait to see Reagan, Payton, and Reese all together!

Holly Heston said...

It really was a fun weekend. I love the picture of Reagan kissing Payton. I didn't get one of those. I also loved seeing gradmommy mary with Reagan as well....I miss you guys already. Love you

Unknown said...

Hi Layla,
I had missed your blog this week!! I look at it every week!!
I will keep Jason's dad in my prayers.
Congrats on another girl!!!
Your Reagan is quite a doll!! I love keeping up with her and you guys!
Love, Cousin Martha

Iris said...

reagan and her cousins are soooo adorable! payton is such a cutie! she's so big now!