Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Groom's Cake

Here is my first big cake project. I did a groom's cake for a wedding this weekend. The groom plays the piano and flies planes. The model plane on the cake is of the first plane he ever flew. It's a 16" x 16" double layer cake. So, it's pretty big. This took me the better part of 2 days, but I think it turned out well. I'm still learning. But, overall, I was pleased with the final product. Oh, and those are candy rocks on top as well.


5 comments:

Holly Heston said...

That cake looks wonderful. I'm so proud of you!!

The Fintons said...

very impressive. you need to start a cake blog!

Chrissa said...

Great job on the cake!! Hmmm....makes me want a slice of sweet... ;)

Iris said...

you're turning into the ace of cakes! awesome job, layla!

Clay and J said...

it looks great! i think you're in business now!